Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New Member -Altec Stonehenge I

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member coh2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2009
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    New Member -Altec Stonehenge I

    Hello All,
    I hope I am in the right place. This is my 1st post and I do not know much about the techical aspects of speakers. I purchased my Stonehenge I in 1974 as new. They both still work good but I am wondering if it needs something replaced? The woofer use to pulsate in and out but they don't any more. The attenuation control, when turned, looses the high end (hi-frequency radiator goes dead) unless it is set to the highest setting (9).Maybe it needs cleaned? Does anyone suggest some options for me. I have always been satisfied with the original components, but don't know if I should do anything to them? Is there an "speaker analysis cd" available that might help me to determine if the speakers are performing as well as they should? Any comments?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Leland's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2009
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Member -Altec Stonehenge I

    Not familiar with your exact model.

    But you can certainly pick-up some spray "electronic" cleaner and lube at Home Depot....(electricians section) and spray the cleaner and then the lube into the poteniometers and see if that helps.

    If there is access to the insides of the crossovers....you could buy a couple replacement capacitors and a soldering gun and replace those.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Member -Altec Stonehenge I

    Try Deoxit,

    I have had some success, but sometimes in the end, it comes down to a faulty connection or a loose/cold solder joint.


    You can find it cheap online, but here's a local source....

    DeoxIT?/ProGold? Twin Pack - RadioShack.com




    -chris

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Member -Altec Stonehenge I

    Stongehenge I woofers had foam surrounds. Maybe yours need re-foaming?

    Russ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.